Nestled among 150 acres of parkland, woodland, and gardens, Thoresby Park offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Explore acres of beauty spots and parklands perfect for relaxing walks and picnics.
Welcome to the Thoresby Park careers page. Here you’ll find the latest listings for current vacancies at the estate. Browse our open positions to see if any are a good match for your skills and interests.
Don’t see a role that’s quite right for you just yet? No worries! Bookmark this page for future reference so you can check back periodically. We frequently add new job openings as opportunities become available.
Thoresby Park is a great place to grow your career. Join our talented team and help continue our legacy of excellence! We look forward to receiving your application soon.
Responsible for quality and efficiency by effectively managing service excellence and food quality. Reporting to the Catering Manager, responsible for assisting with the management of the cafeteria and bar team, daily service, and introducing innovative solutions and quality service in line with Thoresby objectives and standards. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
In the role, the candidate must be able to demonstrate…
• A passion for service: warm, friendly, open personality with all-around communication skills. Ability to motivate and organise a team;
• A love of food and drink: a keen interest in food and enjoys experimenting with new tastes, flavours and food concepts;
• A performance-driven approach: able to operate and stay calm within a pressured environment;
• Taking the Initiative: takes responsibility, and is committed to achieving growth by implementing a culture of quality, innovation, adaptability and challenging the norm;
• A can-do approach: a positive mindset and inclination to find solutions;
• Respecting Commitments: able to effectively listen, and implement requirements;
• Able to act independently: can recognise independently where there is a need for action;
• Organisational Ability: high level of organisational talent and professionalism and able to successfully demonstrate skills in personnel management and employee motivation;
• Career Development: looking to develop their career with an ambition to progress;
Thoresby offers a range of hospitality services including a cafeteria, bar, and events held within the park and surrounding grounds.
The service requirements operate 7 days a week with hospitality and events services available in the evenings as needed.
Responsibilities will be as follows:
Cover the Catering Manager in their absence;
The general weekly working hours of this position are 35 on a 5/7 basis as required. However, longer daily hours may need to be worked in case of events in the evenings or on weekends/holidays.
The Assistant Manager reports to Catering Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
The candidate will have appropriate training and work experience in a comparable facility, ideally with some food preparation skills. They will have a proven track record of organisational skills as well as leadership and management capabilities. A high level of communication skills is important. The ideal candidate is highly reliable, has very good stamina, can work under pressure, and can multi-task.
To be successful you will:
• Have experience as a supervisor or Assistant Manager in a busy, customer-facing environment
• Be people-focused –caring about the welfare and development of your team
• Love the challenge of meeting business targets
• Strive for excellence, always
• Be passionate about delivering a memorable customer experience
If you have a great attitude, bags of energy and love interacting with customers then we’d love to hear from you!
Your applying for the role of Catering Assistant Manager / Supervisor
General Maintenance Operative
The role of general estate operative is to maintain the estate’s assets. You will be expected to carry out preventative and reactive building maintenance, redecorations, and development works.
The ideal candidate will be sociable and confident with the ability to prioritise tasks. The role is 39 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Previous experience within a similar role is essential.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant individually. If you have not heard back from us within 7 days of applying, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Your applying for the role of General Maintenance Operative